Founded in 2008, beginning with 12 blankets and 1 person, this ministry has grown to providing over 22,363 surgical caps, premature infant blankets, surgical dolls, fleece blankets, caps for children with cancer, and memorial sets. Hearts and Hands now has over 50 volunteers and has also began producing these items in Pennsylvania. Items in SC are delivered free of charge to Palmetto Health Children's Hospital, Palmetto Health Baptist Hospital and Richland Free Clinic.
“My dream is some day that every sick child will have a blanket made by loving hands and that not only their bodies, but their hearts also will be filled with the warmth of God's Love."
- Charlene Pankow, Hearts and Hands Founder
What's been accomplished with hard work and God's Grace
- 2008 - 12 blankets
- 2009 - 420 blankets and caps
- 2010 - 1603 blankets, caps and surgical caps
- 2011 - 4595 blankets, caps and surgical caps
- 2012 - 5048 blankets, caps and surgical caps
- 2013 - 5870 blankets, caps. surgical dolls and surgical caps
- 2014 - 8539 blankets, caps. surgical dolls and surgical caps
- 2015 - 7089 Blankets, caps and surgical caps
- 2016 - 8164 Blankets, caps and surgical caps
- 2017 - 10343 Blankets, caps, surgical caps, pillows and angel gowns
- 2018 - (COMING SOON)